1. Check in time is 3:00 P.M. Check out time is 10:00 A.M.
2. Shadowcliff is committed to a non-smoking policy throughout the facility and anywhere on the grounds. This includes tobacco products, cigars, pipes, marijuana (medical or otherwise), and electronic smoking devices. We ask that group Facilitators inform members of their group of this policy in advance.
3. We love pets, but guests are not permitted to bring pets on the property. We are concerned about the safety of other guests and the natural wildlife in the area.
4. All bathroom facilities at Shadowcliff are shared. Our staff work hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, keeping this shared space welcoming to all. Please inform us if one of our bathrooms needs attention.
5. All guests are given a lovingly folded bed sheet package upon arrival for making your bed. At check out, all guests should bring ONLY their top sheet, fitted sheet, and pillow cases to the office. Please leave mattress covers, bedspreads, quilts, blankets, and pillows in the room.
6. Informative programs and hikes may available at no cost to Shadowcliff guests, pending employee availability and program space. If you are interested in ensuring Shadowcliff programming for your group, please contact our Executive Director, Hillary Mizia, to find out more.
7. We are concerned with our environmental footprint and encourage guests to carpool, use public transportation when possible, be aware of water consumption, and use our recycling services to the fullest extent.
8. Gratuities for our staff are accepted and encouraged, as is personal connection and story telling.
9. A fee of 50% your entire stay is required at time of booking.
10. All cancellations:
Within 24 hours of booking will get a full refund;
From 24 hours after booking through 8 days before your arrival date will be charged 50% of the entire reservation;
From 7 days or closer to your arrival date will be charged in full for the entire reservation;
We understand that life throws curve balls! We will work with you to find a different set of dates should something come up. If you still need to cancel and to the extent we are able to replace your reservation, we will refund accordingly. Please give us a call at 970-627-9220.
1. Shadowcliff is a non-profit organization and we require 30 minutes with your group to share our history and mission as well as the services that are available to our guests and important safety information. This applies to groups of 8 or more, including cabin stays.
2. If you are a food group: Dinner will be served on the day of arrival, followed by three meals each full day, and breakfast on departure day, unless you make other arrangements in advance. Meal times are as follows: breakfast—7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.; lunch—noon to 1 p.m.; dinner: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. These times may be modified with advance notice and Shadowcliff approval.
3. Please remember that you must let us know of any special dietary needs for individual participants at least fourteen days in advance of your arrival.
4. Food group guests assist with meal clean-up by offering two volunteers per meal for post meal seva. We believe that this helps to build community, honors an investment in Shadowcliff and our mission, and keeps our rates affordable.
5. If your group includes guests who are not staying with us at Shadowcliff, there is a $10 daily charge per person for each such guest, plus meal charges, if appropriate. As with other group charges, we will ask the group leader to monitor and be responsible for payment.
6. We understand that deciding upon a gratuity is a personal choice, so we have chosen not to include it as a mandatory fee for our group stays. Groups often leave somewhere between 5-10% or decide on a per person amount to contribute. Whatever you decide, please know that our hard working staff deeply appreciates your support. We hope you connect, share stories, and learn more about them during your stay with us.
7. Cancellations and Deposits:
Group reservations require a $500 non-refundable deposit.
Payments will be made, based on the estimated number of participants, as follows:
30% deposit by 90 days before the event start date
30% deposit by 60 days before the event start date
30% deposit by 30 days before the event start date
Balance plus gratuity due at check in
Time of booking to 89 days before the event start date: forfeit of the $500 deposit.
From 90 days to 59 days before the event start date: fee of 30% of the total.
From 60 days to 29 days before the event start date: fee of 60% of the total.
From 30 days before, up to the event start date: charged in full for the estimated total.
8. All special meal requests, adjustments to group size, and other changes to your group need to be confirmed by Shadowcliff’s executive director no later than 14 days prior to your arrival. We’ll try our best to accommodate any requests made after this time and appreciate your understanding if we can’t.