Dear Shadowcliff Community,
“Volunteers built Shadowcliff”… this is one of the many unique and foundational truths of our Shadowcliff history that continues to ensure we are can bring forth our mission as a mountain sanctuary in ways that encourage our guests to find deeper meaning in their own lives.
In May, we will once again work together to repair, replace, and enhance our time-tested facilities so that hundreds can fully benefit from the Shadowcliff magic again this summer. Many have already registered for this important (and fun!) weekend. Join us!!
To that end, we ask for your support by committing to one or more of the following:
- Sign up now to volunteer this May —
- Early May — If you have construction or cooking skills, let us know what dates you are available and Doug or Bob will contact you to discuss details and timing.
- Over Memorial Day weekend — We need folks to paint, clean, cook, help with the annual auction, work on the grounds, move furniture, provide childcare, assist with minor repairs, etc. Once we have folks registered we will begin the task of lodging assignments — a great way to get to know more of the Shadowcliff volunteer community!
- If May is not convenient, volunteer any time over the summer (kitchen, housekeeping, grounds, etc. ) — an extra pair of hands is especially appreciated when our large groups are onsite. Contact us for options if you are interested in helping make the Shadowcliff group experience a success!
- Help us to spread the word to others.
- Donate high quality items for our annual auction.
- Donate high quality furnishings (needed: hide-a-bed and lamps) ;
- Make a donation to offset the costs of equipment, materials, supplies, and meals for Volunteer Weekend. LINK TO DONATIONS PAGE
It takes the full Shadowcliff community to make it work! Pick one or more ways to help from the list above to ensure Shadowcliff thrives this Season.
P.s Please also continue spreading the word that online booking is now available, and also that Shadowcliff is hiring. Thanks for your help!