Building the Fire: Connection Through Story
This new virtual program begins Tuesday, July 7th. Enjoy this opportunity to meet new people, share a story, and give the gift of listening to others as they share their stories. We hope you'll join us!
Attend as many as you like -- there is no cost to participate. Each session is focused on a different Shadowcliff core value:
Growth – We encourage the spiritual, intellectual, and experiential journeys of all.
Interconnection – We respect the interdependent nature of all life.
Community - We nurture deep & meaningful relationships, honoring our differences.
- This will be an intimate gathering with a maximum of 8 participants for each session.
- Feel free to sign up for one, or more, sessions.
- All sessions are offered at no cost to participants, although donations are welcome.
- You will receive an email in advance providing a focal reflection question centered around the Shadowcliff value associated with your session.
- You may prepare as much or as little as you want. Some people choose to tell stories they are moved to share in the moment while other people choose to prepare their story in advance.
- You may choose to play a song, share a piece of art or read a story to help illustrate your story, in which case you should have that ready to go in advance.
- If you would like to spend some time preparing for Building the Fire (again, totally optional), here are a few additional questions that could help - What was happening? Who was involved? Where were you? What changed? The point of Building the Fire isn't to be master storytellers, it's to see, hear and witness each other in order to deepen our connections and strengthen our community.
- You'll receive your Zoom link a few days prior to your session.