The Shadowcliff Group Experience
Bringing your group to Shadowcliff is a one-of-a-kind experience. There's something wonderfully intangible and deeply spiritual about your time at Shadowcliff, even if you're onsite for a business meeting. There are more than a few unique aspects about a group experience at Shadowcliff, but here some key things you should know:
- We share our mission, history, and a bit about who are (along with important safety information) with your group upon arrival.
- It's important to us that each group sharing in meals served in our Compassionate Kitchen contribute to the Shadowcliff community through post-meal dishwashing seva (pronounced say-va, the sanskrit word for selfless service).
- Every guest at Shadowcliff makes their own beds upon arrival and throughout their stay - there is no in-room nightly maid service.
- Our well maintained lodge bathrooms are shared with our other guests and staff.
- Shadowcliff sits atop a cliff overlooking the town of Grand Lake. This equates to gorgeous views and rocky, uneven terrain. All facilities are accessed by stairs, with Riverbend Cabin being the most accessible accommodation (4 steps up to the porch).
- Shadowcliff is a no-smoking and pet-free facility for all.
- Be sure to check out all of our policies and important information.
We offer a variety of European-style lodge rooms, hand built cabins, and hostel dorms, all with a distinctly unique feel that has been described as reminiscent of summer camp and peacefully rustic. Built with love by hundreds of volunteers or many years, our rooms and cabins are a wonderful place for your a group experience.
The Shadowcliff campus includes a variety of spaces supporting large and small group meetings, group gatherings, breakout sessions, and private contemplation. We have two private indoor meeting spaces, one large outdoor meeting space, several nooks and crannies both indoors and out, and even an on-site interpretive trail!
A place where the food we prepare and serve is an extension of our mission, you'll find delicious, nourishing food cooked with seasonal freshness and your group's needs in mind. Meals are served family-style and we can accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free dietary restrictions.
Groups looking to independently execute their experience can book a stay that includes just lodging and a meeting space. Cliffside Lodge has 7 rooms, 4 bathrooms, an indoor dining space, a large kitchen complete with two refrigerators, cooking tools, and appliances, a small deck, and a third floor lounge with books, games, a piano, indoor fire pit, tables, chairs, and comfy seating, that also serves as the meeting space. $725/night for up to 20 adults. Cabins may also be available for your lodging-only group stay.
Our most popular group experience, the all-inclusive package provides your group with lodge rooms in Rempel and/or Cliffside Lodges and Cabins as an optional add-on, a private meeting space, use of the Shadowcliff grounds, wi-fi, and three meals a day. Shadowcliff management is available to assist you with planning and executing the unique details of your group experience.
Building upon the all-inclusive package, Shadowcliff can work with you to co-create something truly unique. Using our extensive knowledge of programming and educational flow, we work with you to bring to life your ideal program. Over the years we have worked in partnership with businesses and organizations such as Treatment Education Network, Sharing Nature Worldwide, National League of Cities, and the International Society for Sustainability Professionals. Contact us for pricing.
Ready to Book?
All of our group experiences are booked directly with our General Manager, Emily Cesca. If your interest has been piqued, please click below and fill out the request form. Emily will be in touch shortly. Thanks!