Shadowcliff offers clean, affordable separate dorm-style rooms for men and women in the third-floor hostel located in the Rempel Lodge. Six men’s beds and four women’s beds are available and are often occupied by international travelers who come to us by car, foot or on a bicycle. Our hostel guests have some the best stories and are definitely among the most colorful people to share the season with us.
Our hostel guests have been an important part of our educational mission since our earliest days. In fact, every guest room at Shadowcliff was built with the youth hostel model in mind and features one or two sets of bunk beds. If you're traveling with more than a few people or a mixed-gender group and want to stay together, a guest room may be just as affordable, but if the hostel is what you're after we know you'll love it!
Accommodates: 6 in the men's hostel and 4 in the women's hostel
Bed Layout: Three sets of bunks in the men's hostel and one set of bunk beds plus two stand alone twins in the women's hostel
General Layout: Take the stairs up to the third floor of our main lodge where you'll find both hostel dorms, along with one guest room and the staff housing. Both dorms feature a set of small lockers (bring your own locks), a bulletin board, and shelves. The doors to the dorms do not lock and you must bring your own lock for secure use of the lockers. On the third floor there are two toilet closets and three sinks. On the second floor are the gender-specific shared bathrooms that include showers. Bathrooms are shared with all the Rempel Lodge guests and staff.
On the main floor is our Rempel Lodge library, lounge, front office, hanging fireplace, and guest kitchen, alongside our own commercial kitchen. Guests are welcome to use the guest kitchen to store food and prepare meals, we just ask that you remember to label your food and either take it with you, pass it along to someone else, or dispose of it when you leave. Please note our Compassionate Kitchen is not a restaurant and prepares food specifically for group experiences who have paid for such meals. On occasion there will be extra meals available or we will prepare a meal to be shared intentionally with the greater community, in which case tickets will be sold for a seat at the table.
Nightly: $30 per person, per bed.
Minimum stay: no minimum stay
Maximum stay: 14 nights per season
Includes: linens and towels, small lockers (bring your own locks)
- Check in time is 3:00 P.M. Check out time is 10:00 A.M.
- Hostel beds are available for stays of one night up to 7 nights.
- Hostel reservations do not require a deposit at time of booking.
- Children 12 and under are not allowed in the hostel dorms
- Children ages 13 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bathrooms are shared, gender-specific facilities with private showers.
- No smoking anywhere on Shadowcliff grounds, lodges or cabins. This includes tobacco products, cigars, pipes, marijuana (medical or otherwise), and electronic smoking devices.
- We love pets, but guests are not permitted to bring pets on the property. We are concerned about the safety of other guests and the natural wildlife in the area.