Shadowcliff offers clean, affordable, shared accommodations separate for men and women located in the Rempel Lodge. Beds are often occupied by Continental Divide Trail hikers and international travelers who come to us by car, foot, or on a bicycle. Our hostel guests have some of the best stories and are definitely among the most colorful people to share the season with us.
Our hostel guests have been an important part of our educational mission since our earliest days. In fact, every guest room at Shadowcliff was built with the youth hostel model in mind and features one or two sets of bunk beds. If you're traveling with more than a few people or a mixed-gender group and want to stay together, a guest room may be just as affordable, but if the hostel is what you're after we know you'll love it! Advance reservations are strongly recommended.
Accommodates: 5 in the men's hostel and 5 in the women's hostel
Bed Layout: 1 queen bed and 2 sets of bunk beds in each hostel (first come first served; specific beds cannot be reserved).
General Layout: Take the stairs up to the 2nd floor of our Rempel Lodge. The men's hostel is located in room #8 and the women's hostel is located in room #9. The doors to the dorms do not lock and you must bring your own lock for secure use of the lockers. Also on the 2nd floor are the gender-specific shared bathrooms that include private showers. Bathrooms are shared with all the Rempel Lodge guests and staff.
On the main floor is our Rempel Lodge library, lounge, front office, hanging fireplace, and guest kitchen, alongside our own commercial kitchen. Guests are welcome to use the guest kitchen to store food and prepare meals, we just ask that you remember to label your food and either take it with you, pass it along to someone else, or dispose of it when you leave. Please note our Compassionate Kitchen is not a restaurant and prepares food specifically for group experiences who have paid for such meals. On occasion there may be extra meals available or we will prepare a meal to be shared intentionally with the greater community, in which case tickets will be sold for a seat at the table.
Nightly: $37 per person, per bed, per night
Minimum stay: no minimum stay
Maximum stay: 4 consecutive nights and 14 nights total per season
Includes: linens and towels, small lockers (bring your own locks)
- Check in time is 3:00 P.M. Check out time is 10:00 A.M.
- Hostel reservations do not require a deposit at time of booking.
- Children 15 and under are not allowed in the hostel dorms
- Children ages 15 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bathrooms are shared, gender-specific facilities with private showers.
- No smoking anywhere on Shadowcliff grounds, lodges or cabins. This includes tobacco products, cigars, pipes, marijuana (medical or otherwise), and electronic smoking devices.
- We love pets, but guests are not permitted to bring pets on the property. We are concerned about the safety of other guests and the natural wildlife in the area.
- Please review Shadowcliff's General Policies here.