If you get our voicemail, please leave a detailed message. We promise to return your call.
Summer + Winter
P.O. Box 658 Grand Lake, CO 80447
Send a message
- Take I-70 west out of Denver, passing through Idaho Springs.Approximately 6 miles past Idaho Springs, take Exit 232 (Highway 40) to Empire, Winter Park, and Granby.
- Continue over Berthoud Pass through Winter Park, Frazier, and Tabernash to Granby.
- At the far end of Granby turn right onto Highway 34 and continue for 16 miles to Grand Lake.
- When you approach the Village of Grand Lake, turn right at the town sign just past the Conoco Service Station.
- Go less than two blocks and the road forks just before Mountain Food Market and just past the horse stables.
- Take the left fork onto West Portal (also called Highway 278 and Tunnel Rod).The right fork goes into the Village of Grand Lake.
- Follow West Portal approximately .6 mile to the stop sign at Garfield Street.
- Continue .2 of a mile past the stop sign (still on West Portal).
- On the left, you will see the sign for Shadowcliff. Turn left, proceed up the steep dirt hill and within 50 yards turn right at the lighted stone sign and onto the Shadowlciff grounds.
- Take Trail Ridge Road (park entrance fee required) and follow US 34 Highway through Rocky Mountain National Park to the West Park entrance 48 miles away.
- Proceed on Highway 34 approximately one mile to the village of Grand Lake.
- Turn left at the Town of Grand Lake sign and continue approximately .2 miles where the road forks near the Mountain Food Market and just past the horse stables.
- Take the left fork and continue .6 miles to the stop sign at Garfield.
- Continue on West Portal for .2 miles to the Shadowcliff sign on the left.
- Turn left, up the steep dirt hill and within 50 yards turn right at the lighted stone sign and onto the Shadowcliff grounds.
- Always call Rocky Mountain National Park to be certain that Trail Ridge Road is open. This is especially important early and late in the summer season.