Shadowcliff has a rich history of volunteerism, especially visible during the month of May when Grand Lake starts waking up from winter! There are two phases of efforts in May with different point persons and different needs. Please read below to learn where your interests and skills might best meet this year’s needs:
Early to Mid-May: Skilled Volunteers
While Volunteer Weekend provides a variety of opportunities for people of any age or skill level, Shadowcliff also routinely has a number of pre-season projects that require more specialized labor, completed by small teams. These projects often involve more substantial construction, assessment and/or repair of facilities.
Examples of possible projects this year include:
• Rempel Lodge Guest Kitchen Deck Rebuild
• Cliffside Lodge 3rd-Floor Fire Escape Rebuild
• Rempel Lodge Dining Room Floor Replacement
• Rempel Lodge Hand Railing Repair
If you are interested in helping out with these projects, please email board director Chris Van Roekel to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates you are available to be on site
- Which of the above projects you are most interested in working on
- Any tools that you can bring
May 26-29 Volunteer Weekend: General Volunteers
Shadowcliff is seeking up to 20 helpers for Volunteer Weekend: May 26-29, 2023. Three meals will be provided during the weekend: Saturday breakfast and supper, and Sunday breakfast. The guest kitchen will be available for use, and there are multiple Grand Lake restaurants within walking distance.
Examples of work planned for Volunteer Weekend include: Assisting with meals for the group, cleaning windows and surfaces, vacuuming and carpet cleaning, replacing light fixtures, laundry, outdoor work on the property, and more.
If you are interested in attending Volunteer Weekend, please click here to register online.
Notes on Volunteering at Shadowcliff:
- Volunteers stay in Shadowcliff rooms in lodges or cabins. Please assume double occupancy, and let us know if you have specific needs.
- Shadowcliff will provide some meals to volunteers, but not all. Please plan on some meals being on your own. Enjoy Grand Lake restaurants and be sure to bring snacks or additional food to prepare in guest kitchens.
- In compliance with Grand County Department of Health standards, Shadowcliff has updated its health and safety policies, and is no longer requiring vaccination for staff and long-term volunteers. If you have questions about this please contact email@example.com
- Families with kids are welcome to volunteer at Shadowcliff! Volunteer Weekend is typically more family-friendly and offers a variety of “jobs” for helpers of many ages. However, child care is not provided and the terrain may not be suitable for all kids.