It’s official: Shadowcliff Volunteer Weekend 2015 was a success!
Not only did we get a lot of work accomplished, but we also welcomed many new volunteers who were experiencing Shadowcliff for the very first time! We are so thrilled to expand our community with so many giving people of all ages! With 56 volunteers plus staff, we logged about 900 hours in May, the majority of that happening in one weekend!
So, what kinds of things did we get done?
- New Cliffside stairs
- Expanded space and new floor installed in JJ’s old shop
- Tile around the fireplace in Riverbend cabin
- Chopped firewood for a long time to come!
- Repaired, sanded and stained outside furniture
- Started creating reusable cloth napkins instead of paper
- Unpacked and cleaned Rempel Lodge, Cliffside Lodge, and 3 cabins
- Coordinated and held annual silent auction and book sale fundraiser
- And much, much more!
We are so grateful to our wonderful volunteers, new and returning! Enjoy some photos from the weekend, and we can’t wait to see you again!