Rempel Lodge is a chalet-style alpine lodge that feels both reminiscent of summer camp and like a mountain getaway. The wood and stone interior is enhanced by Native American, Mexican, and international art, which creates an unforgettable ambiance and brings guests back to Shadowcliff again and again.
Our friendly staff makes every guest feel at home. The decks surrounding Rempel Lodge invite you to sit and gaze out across the lakes to near and distant mountain ranges or listen to the North Inlet Stream tumbling below. Inside you’ll find the Peter Winant Memorial Library which has a collection of over 1500 volumes. This library is available for all guests to enjoy.
Other amenities include a spacious lounge for gatherings and a magnificent fireplace for evening conversations, s’mores, and new and continuing friendships. The lounge is a place of gathering to share the adventures, lessons of your day in this mountain sanctuary, or even to quietly put together a puzzle or a play a game with friends.
Rempel Lodge also has a large dining area and a small guest kitchen, clean shared gender-specific bathrooms with private showers, and private guest rooms that accommodate up to four or six persons. Separate dorm-style rooms are also available for men and women in the hostels (men's hostel in room #8 and women's hostel in room #9). Guest rooms overlook either Grand Lake, the North Inlet Stream, or the the Shadowcliff campus with the majestic Rockies close by.
Accommodates: Lodge rooms accommodate up to four or six people.
Bed Layout: Each room has either one or two sets of bunk beds and one queen bed.
General Layout: Take the stairs up to the second floor where you'll find the guest rooms. In addition to the bed layout mentioned above, Rempel rooms feature a writing desk, comfy chair and/or couch, a dresser, and a closet. All rooms are private to your party. The bathrooms are shared, gender-specific facilities with private showers and are also located on the second floor.
On the main floor is our Rempel Lodge library, lounge, front office, hanging fireplace, and guest kitchen, alongside our own commercial kitchen. Guests are welcome to use the guest kitchen to store food and prepare meals, we just ask that you remember to label your food and either take it with you, pass it along to someone else, or dispose of it when you leave. Please note our Compassionate Kitchen is not a restaurant and prepares food specifically for group experiences who have paid for such meals. On occasion there will be extra meals available or we will prepare a meal to be shared intentionally with the greater community, in which case tickets will be sold for a seat at the table.
Individual Room Rates
- $89 per night for up to 2 adults
- $25 per night for each additional person over the age of 8
Rempel and Cliffside rooms are available at all-inclusive group pricing for large parties, including workshops, retreats, corporate events, weddings, and more. Please click here for pricing and information.
Lodge Room Policies
- Lodge rooms require a two-night minimum stay. Single night reservations may be available on a walk-in basis for $99 depending on availability.
- Check in time is 3:00 P.M. Check out time is 10:00 A.M.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of your lodge room stay is due at booking.
- All rooms share clean, gender-specific bathroom facilities with private showers.
- All guests are given towels and a lovingly folded linen packet upon arrival for making your bed. Daily housekeeping service is not provided in the rooms.
- No smoking anywhere on Shadowcliff grounds, lodges or cabins. This includes tobacco products, cigars, pipes, marijuana (medical or otherwise), and electronic smoking devices.
- No pets are permitted anywhere on the Shadowcliff grounds.
- Please review Shadowcliff's General Policies here.
- Group-specific policies differ. Please click here for group information.
- Within 24 hours of booking will receive a full refund.
- After 24 hours of booking to 14 days before arrival will result in loss of half of the 50% deposit.
- Within 14 days of arrival will result in loss of the 50% deposit in full.
- If a change in your plans occurs, we are happy to work with you to find a different set of dates. Deposits are transferrable to different dates within a season. Please give us a call at 970-627-9220 for assistance.
- Group cancellation policies differ. Please click here for group information.