Volunteers have always played an essential role at Shadowcliff, and this year was no exception! Over 60 volunteers of all ages generously donated their time and talent to ensure another great summer season for our individual, family, and group guests this year.
Among the over 1000 hours of time put in my our volunteers over the course of the month of May, some of the highlights include:
- Mud, paste, sanding and painting of the sheetrock in the Rempel stair tower
- The moving of the door to the Men’s restroom, new header and wall covers on exterior and interior of the Men’s restroom walls
- Trim, staining, painting, and installation of new light fixtures throughout the stair tower
- The trench from Fireside to Riverbend and burying of the power line and water line
- Overlook bathroom; new shower and tub, toilet and wall removal and floor carpet and trim
- Organizing the JJ’s Shop
- Faux shutters on the storage area
- Completion of the turns on the new stairs
- New shower in Hideaway, fresh paint job and more
- Sanding and poly-coating of all dining tables and benches for both lodges and outdoors well
- Plus, deep cleaning of both lodges and all of the cabins, cabin roof repairs, mulching of the trails and garden, and so much more!!
Sincerest thanks to all!!