Please sign up by April 15th!
We need you!
The following priority information has been provided by Shadowcliff Board member and chair of Facilities committee, Chris Van Roekel.
Thank you so much to all who have been in touch to offer their support and critical expertise as we move closer to opening the 2022 season! Volunteers are absolutely essential! We truly need your valuable service to ensure a successful opening.
1. Highest priority are dates May 7-12. We need up to 3 additional skilled volunteers with construction experience. One of the primary tasks during this period will be working on the Riverbend roof.
2. Second highest priority is May 12-17. We need 1-2 people with light construction experience to help with several smaller projects.
3. Third is 3-4 volunteers for dates May 23-26. These volunteers don’t need specific skills, just a ‘can do’ attitude.
4. Final Lap — Volunteer Weekend — Memorial Day Weekend (May 27-30th) We need a small group of approximately 15 volunteers for our final preparation tasks, which are mainly related to cleaning, organizing, and preparing our facilities to be guest-ready
Also, aside from our general volunteer needs, we are excited to add one more Volunteer Coordinator to the team to help oversee some of the early May projects. We are hoping to find a coordinator who can be onsite for approximately one week in mid-May; please let us know if you wish to take on this role!
A few more details:
Early May Projects:
What dates can I volunteer for May activities? Volunteers are needed onsite May 6th through May 26th.
Where will I stay? You will stay in Shadowcliff rooms in lodges or cabins.
Will food be provided? We are asking that you bring food along for yourself.
What kind of work will I be doing? Examples of work planned for early May this year are:
- Removing old toilets and installing new ones
- General construction work to repair the Riverbend Cabin roof
- Reinforcing and repairing deck railings at cabins
- Outdoor work on the property
What dates can I volunteer for Volunteer Weekend activities? May 27th to May 30th.
Where will I stay? You will stay in Shadowcliff rooms in lodges or cabins. (Please assume double occupancy, but please let us know if you have specific concerns about sharing a room.)
Will food be provided? Simple breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be provided. Be sure to bring extra snacks or additional food if you need.
What kind of work will I be doing? Examples of work planned for Volunteer Weekend are:
- Assisting with meals for the group
- Cleaning windows
- Vacuuming and carpet cleaning
- Wiping down surfaces
- Replacing light fixtures
- Laundry services
- Outdoor work on the property
If you are interested in volunteering at Shadowcliff, we would love to hear from you! Please send an email to both Chris Van Roekel, Facilities Committee Chair, and Emily Cesca, General Manager, with information on your skills and the dates you are available to volunteer. If you are interested in early May volunteering please let us know before April 15th!
Chris Van Roekel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Cesca: email@example.com
p.s. We may have opportunities for additional volunteers during the season as well! Please contact Emily if this is of interest to you. (Note: in-season staff and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19).
What about Covid-19?
Our guidelines for COVID-19 while volunteering onsite at Shadowcliff during the month of May are as follows:
We strongly recommend that preseason and postseason volunteers be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Any individual who is onsite and has not been fully vaccinated and boosted, including out-of-season volunteers, is required to wear a mask while inside all Shadowcliff buildings.